Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Family Hires Attorney After Police Scuffle With Special Needs Man

Family Hires Attorney After Police Scuffle With Special Needs Man

Gilberto Powell ~ 22 years old
I AM SO SORRY THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU!!!


You remind me of any number of my friends sons....all my friends have a son or daughter with Down syndrome just like you Gilberto.


I am so sad for you and your mom & dad and your entire family that all love you very much!


The police officers that did this to you, should be ashamed of themselves for BEATING you up and being POLICE BULLIES!!


I PRAY this will be a catalyst for not only the Miami-Police Department to make sure all their officers receive DISABILITY TRAINING but for us as a community that serves a large population of individuals with disabilities that ALL POLICE DEPARTMENTS provide DISABILITY SENSITIVITY TRAINING.

Gilberto............I am so sorry this happened to you!

HUGS-2-YOU~!!!

PODS Angels ~ Down syndrome family support

No comments: