Sunday, December 4, 2011

'I was bullied into aborting my baby' | News.com.au

THIS woman was advised to spare her loved ones the hardship of living with a child with Down syndrome.
Every morning when Marie Ideson wakes, her first thought is of a little girl called Lillie. Were she alive today, she’d be six years old. And although Lillie would’ve had Down syndrome, Ideson is sure of one thing:

“Despite any disability, my daughter would have been incredibly well-loved. Whatever her future was, I’d have always been there for her.”
Yet when she was just over 16 weeks pregnant - and after tests showed her daughter had Down syndrome - Marie did something that still torments her: She underwent a termination.
“I was bullied into going ahead with an abortion,” says Ideson, 46, a GP surgery manager. “I only wish I could turn back the clock. I think of the daughter I never had every day. I’ll always regret it.”
Ideson was 40 when she fell pregnant with Lillie.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/i-was-bullied-into-aborting-my-baby/story-e6frfkvr-1226213567894#ixzz1fYcAdlNr



“My eldest sons are 25 now. When I was pregnant with them, I knew of women who had babies with Down syndrome. Today, I never see mums with Down babies. I can’t believe that everyone who finds out their baby has Down syndrome willingly chooses to abort it. I can’t help feeling that other women must be having abortions they don’t want.”     

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/i-was-bullied-into-aborting-my-baby/story-e6frfkvr-1226213567894#ixzz1fYbjsnQ2



'I was bullied into aborting my baby' | News.com.au:


'via Blog this'

No comments: